Friday, January 8, 2010

Conversation


Here is a conversation that Dylan and Natalie were having while I am sitting by the computer. I was trying to type as fast as possible because I didnt want to miss anything. It may seem like I'm missing a few things, but this is truely how it went.

Natalie-
Mom, did you know that God cares for all of us and he is going to take us home?

Dylan-
Yea, I know that! But he is going to take us to heaven, not his home!

I told them they were both right, then it continued....

Dylan-
Why is Jesus God's son?
God didn't have a wife? Then what did he have?
But mom, why is it God's son when Mary had him? God couldn't have him because he had no wife? Why did the angel ask Mary to name her baby "Jesus"?

Natalie-
Did you know Joseph was Jesus' dad? and Mary was his mom.

Dylan-
Heaven is on a cloud, Natalie! (yelling at her, typical brother)
Does Jesus and God have a machine that brings us up there?

Natalie-
No Dylan! God has a long scarf that we have to climb so we can go up to heaven.

Dylan-
Maybe they have to bring one person up at a time to heaven.
Did you know that Jesus and God have the same kinds of power?
I wish I knew the answers because they were getting a little mad at me that I wasnt giving them enough answers.

No comments: